Punjab Infectious Diseases (Prevention and Control) Ordinance 2020
Corona Virus is now global threat and also spreading in Pakistan. In order to control the Corona Virus and other infectious diseases, Province of Punjab made law known as Punjab Infectious Diseases (Prevention and Control) Ordinance 2020. The purpose of this law is to make provisions for prevention and control of infectious diseases in the Punjab Province.
Some of the highlights and important features of this law are;
- This law define “Infectious Person” as a person who is suspected to be infected or contaminated with an infectious disease or a person who is a risk that such person might spread, infect or contaminate other person with an infectious disease or a person who has arrived from or through an area affected by an infectious disease within 14 days or such other period as may be specified by the secretary immediately preceding the date of this arrival.
- This law also empowers the Director General Health to prohibit or restrict the different type of events and gatherings for specified period of time.
- This also empower the Director General Health to close or restrict the entry into, exit from or location of persons in specified premises and for specified period of time.
- The law also empowers the Government the retention of potentially infectious person to a suitable place for specific time.
- Under this law it is duty of every person, who knows or believes or has reason to know or believe that a person under his care, supervision or control is suffering from an infectious disease or is contaminated, to report such case to a notified medical officer immediately.
- Under this law if person fail to observe the directions and restriction imposed he can be punished with imprisonment for term not exceeding two months or fine not exceeding 50000 rupees. If person repeat the offence under this law he can be punished with imprisonment up to six months and fine up to 100000 rupees.
- If person runs away or attempts to run away while being moved to or kept at a place under this law, he can be punished with imprisonment up to six months and fine up to fifty thousand rupees.
Punjab Infectious Diseases (Prevention and Control) Ordinance 2020 Free PDF Download
Click on link to download the complete law in PDF format.
Well it is a good initiative of the Government and local administrations world wide to ensure the healthy well being of the public by putting people into isolation and social withdrawal and I guess this is the only effective way how you would counter Corona to spread to and fro because government except few countries are not capable of dealing this pandemic with latest and instant remedy to fight this menace..