Hindu Reformist and Revivalist Movements
Followings are some important points to remember about Hindu Reformist Movements which are often repeated in different exams in shape of MCQS.
- “Brahma Sabha” was founded by Raj Ram Mohan in 1828.
- “Barhma Sabha” was later known as “brahma Samaj”.
- Brahma Samaj first of all criticized the Hindu custom of “Sati”.
- In 1857, Keshab Chandra joined the Brahma Samaj.
- Pararthana Samaj was established in 1849.
- Arya Samaj was founded by Swami Dayanand.
- Swami Dyanand was great scholar of Sanskrit.
- Shuddhi Movement was founded by Dyananda Sarswati.
- Deccan Education Society was set in 1884.
- Cow Protection Society was formed in 1880.
- The Government of India Act 1935 gave the right of vote to women in subcontinent for the first time.