General Raheel Sharif
General Raheel Sharif is a four star officer in Pakistan Army and also the 15th Chief of Army Staff of Pakistan Army. On 27 November 2013 Nawaz Sharif (Prime Minister of Pakistan) appointed him as Army Chief after retirement of General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani.
General Raheel Sharif Personal Background
General Raheel Sharif was born in family with strong military background. His date of birth is November 2013 (it shows that November is lucky month for Raheel Sharif because he is also appointed as army chief in this month) and he was born in Quetta Balochistan. Although he was born in Quetta but he is not Balooch and his roots are in the Kunjah town of Gujrat District of Punjab.
Raheel Sharif is son of retired army major “Muhammad Sharif”. His elder brother is Major Shabbir Sharif who martyred in 1971 war with India and received “Nishan-e-Haider”. Raheel Sharif is nephew of legendary Major Aziz Bhatti (Martyred in 1965 war with India and received Nishan-e-Haider).
General Raheel Sharif Educational Career
Raheel Sharif completed his early education from Government College Lahore and selected in Pakistan Army as commissioned officer in 1976.
General Raheel Sharif Military Career
After completion of his training he joined 6th battalion of the Frontier Force Regiment that is renowned and battle hardened. He performed his duties as young officer in Gilgit in infantry brigade and also served as adjutant of Pakistan Military Academy.
Raheel Sharif climb on the military ladder and General Pervez Musharraf handed him the command of 11th Infantry Division in Lahore. As a lieutenant General, Raheel served as Corps Commander for 2 years and after that took over as Inspector General Training and Evaluation.
General Raheel Sharif Views about Militancy/ Terrorism
It is believed that he is against the Taliban and militants and described them as the major threat to the existence of Pakistan. He believed that the internal insurgency is more dangerous for Pakistan than the foreign threats
General Raheel Sharif Interesting Facts
- General Pervez Musharraf is considered his mentor.
- He is not relative of Nawaz Sharif and his surname Sharif is only a coincidence.
- He is close to Lieutenant-General Abdula Qadir Baloch, who is key confidante of Sharif Family.
- Raheel Sharif was also awarded Hilal-i-Imtiaz, second highest Civilian Award.
General Raheel Sharif Profile
- Date of Birth: 16 June 1956
- Place of Birth: Quetta Balochistan
- Father Name: Major Muhammad Sharif
- Younger Brother: Major Shabbir Sharif (Nishan-e-Haider 1971)
- Uncle: Major Aziz Bhatti (Nishan-e-Haider 1965)
- Alma Mater: Govt. College Lahore
- Awards: Nishan e Imtiaz, Hilal e Imtiaz
- Unit: 6th FF Regiment
General Raheel Sharif Pictures and Wallpapers
Followings are some latest pictures of General Raheel Sharif;