drupal analytics

May 28, 2017

Cheating & Forgery in Pakistan Penal Code (PPC)

Cheating – 420

  • Deceiving any person
  • Induce to deliver any property
  • Make, alter, destroy valuable security
  • Punishment of cheating; up to 1 year – 417
  • Cheating by personation; up to 7 year – 419

Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property – 420

  • Cheats
  • Dishonestly induces the person to deliver any property
  • Make, alter or destroy any valuable security

Punishment up to 7 year under section 420

Forgery – 463

  • Make any false document
  • Intention to cause damage or injury
  • Intention to claim or support any title

Making a false document – 464

  • Dishonestly or fraudulently makes, sign, seals or execute any document
  • Without lawful authority alter or cancel any document
  • Dishonestly causes any person to sign anything etc.

Punishment of forgery; up to 2 year – 465

Forgery for purpose of cheating – 468

  • Committing of forgery
  • Intention is to use the document forged for purpose of cheating

Punishment up to 7 year u/s 468

Using as genuine a forged document – 471

Fraudulently or dishonestly uses as genuine any document punished as if he has forged such document


  1. Hi
    There is one Pakistani guy who cheated me emotionally with physically and financially
    Could u pls asvise if he can get punishment or i can file case against him?

  2. Majid Essa Ali says:

    We three friends were partner in a business. Though we did not inked a formal agreement among us. Initially one of our partners paid our share for some months but after some time he stopped doing so. After months without issuing a notice he terminated both of us. He is believed to earn millions out of it and started a business of his own. He left Pakistan. Can you kindly suggest me any option?

    • @Essa Ali
      You can lodge FIR against that person and you can also start civil proceedings against the person

Speak Your Mind