NA 53 Rawalpindi-IV
NA 53 is constituency for the seat of Pakistan’s National Assembly. It is also known as NA 53 Rawalpindi-IV. There are total seven National Assembly seats in Rawalpindi and NA 53 is fourth of these seven seats from Rawalpindi District of Punjab Province.
The areas/localities of this constituency consist of Wah, Taxila, Wani, Thalian, Rantal, Barda Nagial, Gorakhpur, Adiala, Chahan, Sihal, Chakri, Parial and Dhadhumbar.
NA-53 is also famous due to Muhammad Ijaz ul Haq (Son of Zia ul Haq) who won the seat for three consecutive elections. In 1970, when this constituency was known as NW-29, Raja Abdul Aziz Bhatti won the seat on PPP ticket. In 1977, the constituency was renamed as NA-39, Nazar Hussain Kiyani of PPP won the election. In 1985 Elections Raja Shahid Zafar won as an independent Candidate. In 1988 Elections, Raja Shahid Zafar again won as PPP Candidate. In 1990, Muhammad Ijaz ul Haq won the seat on IJI ticket for the first time. In 1993, Muhammad Ijaz ul Haq again won the seat as PML-N Candidate. In 1997, Muhammad Ijaz ul Haq completed the hat trick on winning on PML-N ticket.
In 2002 Election, the constituency was renamed as NA-53 and Ghulam Sarwar Khan of PML-Q won the seat. In 2008 Election, Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan of PML-N won the seat. In 2013, Ghulam Sarwar Khan won the seat as PTI Candidate and defeated heavyweight Nisar Ali Khan.
- 1970 Election Winner: Raja Abdul Aziz Bhatti (PPP)
- 1977 Election Winner:Nazar Hussain Kiyani (PPP)
- 1985 Election Winner:Raja Shahid Zafar (Independent)
- 1988 Election Winner:Raja Shahid Zafar (PPP)
- 1990 Election Winner: Muhammad Ijaz ul Haq (IJI)
- 1993 Election Winner: Muhammad Ijaz ul Haq (PML-N)
- 1997 Election Winner: Muhammad Ijaz ul Haq (PML-N)
- 2002 Election Winner: Ghulam Sarwar Khan (PML-Q)
- 2008 Election Winner: Ch. Nisar Ali Khan (PML-N)
- 2013 Election Winner: Ghulam Sarwar Khan (PTI)
Total population of NA 53 is 484192 with 152123 males and 138905 females.
NA 53 consists of following major Tehsils/areas of Rawalpindi;
- Texila Tehsil
- Barda Nagial
- Adiala, Chahan