NA 52 Rawalpindi-III
NA 52 is constituency for the seat of Pakistan’s National Assembly. It is also known as NA 52 Rawalpindi-III. There are total seven National Assembly seats in Rawalpindi and NA 52 is third of these seven seats from Rawalpindi District of Punjab Province.
The areas of this constituency consist of Chauntra, Bajnas, Chak Umral, Basali, Kaliam Awan, Takht Pari, Rawat, Mankiala, Sagri, Kallar, Kharkana and Giria. These areas are around the National Highway N5.
In 1970 Election, the constituency was known as NW-28, and Habib Ahmad of PPP won the seat. In 1977, Syed Ali Asghar Shah of PPP won the seat when constituency was renamed as NA-38. In 1985 General Elections, Shaikh Rasheed Ahmad won the seat as Independent candidate and became member of National Assembly for the first time in his long career. In 1988, Shaikh Rasheed Ahmad won the seat on the ticket of IJI. In 1990, Shaikh Rasheed Ahmad again won the seat on IJI ticket for the third time. In 1993, Shaikh Rasheed Ahmad won the seat for the fourth time and this time as PML-N candidate. In 1997 Election Shaikh Rasheed Ahmad won the seat for fifth consecutive time on PML-N ticket.
In 2002, the constituency was renamed as NA-52 and Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan of PML-N won the seat even though elections were held under Army Chief Musharraf. In 2008 Election, again Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan of PML-N won the seat. Nisar Ali vacate the seat same year and in by-election Muhammad Safdar of PML-N won the seat same year. In 2013 General Election, Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan won the seat on PML-N ticket and defeated his rival Lt. Col(R) Ajmal Sabir Raja with massive lead. Overall this constituency is stronghold of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz.
- 1970 Election Winner: Habib Ahmad (PPP)
- 1977 Election Winner: Syed Ali Asghar Shah (PPP)
- 1985 Election Winner: Shaikh Rasheed Ahmad (Independent)
- 1988 Election Winner: Shaikh Rasheed Ahmad (IJI)
- 1990 Election Winner: Shaikh Rasheed Ahmad (IJI)
- 1993 Election Winner: Shaikh Rasheed Ahmad (PML-N)
- 1997 Election Winner: Shaikh Rasheed Ahmad (PML-N)
- 2002 Election Winner: Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan (PML-N)
- 2008 Election Winner: Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan (PML-N)
- 2008 by-election winner: Muhammad Safdar (PML-N)
- 2013 Election Winner: Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan (PML-N)
Total population of NA 52 is 486054 with 159738 males and 147121 females.
NA 52 consists of following major Tehsils/areas of Rawalpindi;
- Chak Umral
- Kaliam Awan
- Takht Pari