NA 50 Rawalpindi-I / NA 50 Pakistan
NA 50 is constituency for the seat of Pakistan’s National Assembly. It is also known as NA 50 Rawalpindi-I. There are total seven National Assembly seats in Rawalpindi and NA 50 is first of these seven seats from Rawalpindi District of Punjab Province.
The area of this constituency consists of Muree Tehsil, Kotli Sattian Tehsil and Kahuta Tehsil excluding the Kallar Sydan Qanungo Halqa of Rawalpindi district. Localities of this constituency includes Choha Khalsa, Doberan, Saigran, Matar, Thoha Khalsa, Nara, Panjar, Kahuta, Lehtrar Bala, Karor, Anguri, Kotli Sattian, Ban, Gulhera Gali, Kudanna, Muree, Ghora Gali, Barian and Sunny Bank.
NA-50 & Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
Any discussion of NA 50 is not complete without Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, who won almost all the elections held in this constituency. In 1970, when this constituency was known as NW-26, Khursheed Hassan Mir of PPP won the seat. After that, constituency was renamed as NA-36 from 1977 to 1997. In 1977 General Elections, Habib Khan of PPP won the seat. In 1985 General Elections, Muhammad Khaqan Abbasi (father of Shahid Khaqan Abbasi) won the seat as an independent candidate. In 1988 General Elections, Khaqan Abbasi won the seat as an independent candidate for the first time. In 1990, Khaqan Abbasi again won the seat on IJI platform. In 1993 Khaqan Abbasi won the seat after he joined PML-N for the third time. In 1997, again it was Khaqan Abbasi who reached National Assembly after winning that seat for the fourth time. After that the constituency was renamed as NA-50.
In 2002, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi lost and PPP’s Ghulam Mrtaza Satti won the seat in election held under Army Chief Musharraf. In 2008, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi of PML-N won the seat for fifth time. In 2013 General Elections, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi again won it for sixth time on PML-N ticket.
- 1970 Election Winner: Khurisheed Hasan Mir (PPP)
- 1977 Election Winner: Habib Khan (PPP)
- 1985 Election Winner: Muhammad Khaqan Abbasi (Independent)
- 1988 Election Winner: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi (Independent)
- 1990 Election Winner: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi (IJI)
- 1993 Election Winner: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi (PML-N)
- 1997 Election Winner: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi (PML-N)
- 2002 General Elections Winner: Ghulam Murtaza Satti (PPP)
- 2008 General Elections Winner: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi (PML-N)
- 2013 General Elections Winner: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi (PML-N)
Total population of NA 50 is 489887 with 184875 males and 173943 females.
NA 50 consists of following major Tehsils/areas of Rawalpindi;
- Murree Tehsil
- Kotli Sattian Tehsil
- Kahuta Tehsil