Muslim Religious Movements
Followings are some important points to remember about Muslim Religious Movement which are often repeated in different exams in shape of MCQS.
- Muslim Sufies and Mystics spread the light of Islam in Bengal in 13th and 14th century.
- Faraizi Movement was started in East Bengal in first half of 19th century.
- Haji Shariatullah was the founder of Faraizi Movement.
- Haji Shariatullah was born in 1768 at Faridpure District.
- In 1799, Haji Sariatullah left Faridpur and went to Makkah.
- In 1820, Haji Shariatullah returned from Makkah.
- Faraizi Movement emphasized on the performance of Faraiz.
- Faraizi Movement was also directed against the oppression of the big Zamindars.
- Haji Shariatullah died in 1840.
- Dudhu Mian was the son of Haji Shariatullah.
- Real name of Dudhi Mian was Mohsin u Din Ahmad.
- Dudhu Mian declared Jihad against British.
- Dudhu Mian made Farazi Movement strong and popular.
- Dudhu Mian died in 1862.
- Real name of “Tito Mir” was Mir Nasir Ali.
- Titu Mir was the important leader of the Muslim Peasant of Bengal province.
- Titu Mir was born in 1782.
- In 1830, William Bentick sent army to Bengal to crush the Titu Mir.
- Titu Mir died in 1831.
- Syed Ahmad Shaheed founded the “Wahhabism” in subcontinent.
- Syed Ahmad Shaheed was the founder of Mujahidin Movement in subcontinent.
- Syed Ahmad Shaeed was born on 1786.
- Syed Ahmad Shaheed was the disciple of Shah Abdul Aziz.
- Shah Abdul Aziz was the son of Shah Wali Ullah.
- Sirat-i-Mustaqim was written by Syed Ahmad Shaheed in 1818.
- At the time of Syed Ahmad Shaheed, Punjab was ruled by Ranjit Singh.
- Syed Ahmad Shaheed had begun his jihad against Sikhs by fighting Sikh Army at Akora in 1826.
- Syed Ahmad Shaheed was died in 1831 at Balakot.
Abdul Hakeem says