Asif Saeed Khan Khosa was born on December 21 1954 at Dera Ghazi Khan. He passed his matriculation examination in the year 1969 from the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Multan winning the National Talent Scholarship. As a student of Government College, Lahore he passed his intermediate Examination in the year 1971 fro the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Lahore, securing first position in the Board and winning the National Talent Scholarship. Again as a student of Government College, Lahore he passed his B.A. Examination in the year 1973 from the University of the Punjab, securing first positioning in the University and winning the National Talent Scholarship. He secured hi M.A. degree in English Language and Literature from the University of the Punjab in the year 1975. After proceeding to the United Kingdom in year 1977 and then he obtained his LL.M. degree from University of Cambridge, United Kingdome in the year 1978 with specialization in Public International Law in the subjects of the Law of Peace, the Law of War and Armed Conflict, the Laos of International Institutions and the Law of Civil Liberties. He was called to the Bar on July 26, 1979 at the Honourable society of Lincoln’s Inn, London, United Kingdom and was conferred the degree of Utter Barrister.
Asif Saeed Khan Khosa was enrolled as an Advocate of the Lahore High Court on November 13, 1979and later as an Advocate of the Supreme Court of Pakistan on September 12, 1985. he practised law for few months before the District Courts at Dera Ghazi Khan and then for few years at he Multan Bench of the Lahore High Court before shifting his legal practice to Lahore.
During practice Mr. Khosa had authored two books, titled, Heeding the Constitution (1995) and Constitutional Apologues 1997.
Asif Saeed Khosa had been elevated to the Bench and appointed as a Judge of the Lahore High Court, Lahore with effect from May 21, 1998, on November 3, 2007 General Pervez Musharraf, President of Pakistan and also Chief of the Army Staff, imposed Emergency in the country, suspended the Constitution and required the members of the superior judiciary to take oath of office owning allegiance to his Provisional Constitution Order. Like the Chief Justice of Pakistan and an overwhelming majority of the Judges of the Supreme Court and of the provincial High Courts Justice Khosa also refused to take such fresh oath and thus, according to Genera Musharraf decree he and the other defiant Chief Justices and Judges ceased to hold their offices. However, as a result of the ensuing unprecedented, momentous and relentless movement launched by the lawyers of Pakistan, joined by the civil society and political workers across the board, seeking restoration of the deposed Judges General Pervez Musharraf President of Pakistan, resigned on august 18, 2008 under a threat of impeachment by the Parliament and Justice Khosa was restored to his office on August 30, 2008. During his deposed status Justice Khosa wrote his third book Judging with Passion.
Justice Asif Saeed Khan Khosa remained a member of the Administration Committee of the Lahore High Court, Lahore and was the Administration judge for Sessions/Criminal causes. Justice Khosa was elevated as Judge of the Supreme Court of Pakistan on February 18, 2010.
Shamsuddin Khoso (Balelani) says
Honourable and Respectabe Justice Asif Saeed Khan Khosa Saheb,
Assalam o Alaikum,
I am Shamuddin Khoso, S/o. Ganhwar Khan Khoso (family of Sardar Dilawar Khan Khoso (Village Khathri at Dilawar Khan Khoso, Taluka K.N. Shah, Distirict Dadu Sindh) brother of Sardar Bahader Khan Khoso (Bahadur Garh D.G. Khan Punjab) and Saheb Khan Khoso (Jesalmair Village Nagraja in India), presently I am working in historical institution i.e Quaid’s Alma Mater of Sindh Madressatul Islam University, Karachi, so Sir last 18 years working period I am in grade 14. I request to kind honour please approach (if admissible) for my promotion as Office Superintendent/Assistant Controller of Examination, I shall pray for your long life and prosperity, thanking you
Sindh Madressatul Islam University
Kindly give me nom of sir asif saeed kosa because of wrong decision of my brother murder
Sheikh Muhammad Khalid says
REFORMS IN JUDICIARY OF PAKISTAN
Peoples are well to known that government has failed to provide justice. Politician is responsible to provide justice. This matter has been ignored by all Governments since 1947 with negligence.
1. That The Constitution of Pakistan has provided that Judiciary should be separated / isolated from executive but unfortunately Judiciary itself has not accepted this provision of the Constitution and each and every time it was spoken by the all Chief Justices of High Courts and Supreme Court that BAR and Bench are two wheels of a train. By promoting this view judiciary has boosted “the lawyers to use the judiciary” and “judiciary to use the lawyers” and in these means Lawyers (as members of Bar Councils which are executives) are on one page with Judiciary to defeat the justice.
2. AS the lawyer is member of executive body of BAR COUNCIL and Judge is member judiciary. Both have different things to each others.
IT should be separated and should be totally isolated in the interest of justice.
3. As once a lawyer became a judge; he has shifted to himself from executive to Judiciary. But now all judges of judiciary are having intact there membership of Bar Councils. This is fraud with the Constitution with aim to intact their links with lawyers to obtain benefits under hand.
4. Firstly illegal gratifications are to taken through lawyers to decide the cases against the law in favour of undeserved party.
5. Secondly once a judge has taken illegal gratification; he has become subordinate of said lawyer for ever and cannot provide justice to people.
6. For the reason the lawyers are “LORDS” in their home arias. They have courage that the judge of local Court is in their own hands.
7. Lawyers in Pakistan have supremacy on Courts. This has made black shape of Courts.
8. This fact is un-deniable that lawyers and judiciary have failed to provide justice under their own benefits and government has failed to take notice of the same.
9. In other words; it only be done when judges and lawyers be restrained to maintain their own whims in Court proceedings.
10. Corrupt politicians; Those in Pakistan Members of parliaments have only law making authority but unfortunately they have involved to themselves to obtain “THAIKY”/Tenders of Government works.
11. It is well established that from 1947 each and every “THAIKA/TENDER of work may be completed with less amount as it have been tendered.
12. To save this corrupt practice politician does not want to make GOOD the Judicial System.
13. Lawyers; Judges and politicians and their relatives are enjoying moneys of peoples.
HOW IT IS POSSIBLE
Purposed reforms for providing justice to peoples
WHAT IS NEED FOR FOOLPROOF JUSTICE
1. Civil Court Ordinance be amended with fallowing affect immediately and it effectiveness be enforced on all courts up to supreme Court.-
i. Court Assistance
Each Court be provided Court assistant lawyers and all civil case and criminal cases be firstly be assessed by them for proceedings and case law to proceed with the case be mentioned with file before issue a notice and provision of law which restrained the litigation be imposed at first. Frivolous case be turn down without notices by mention case law in decisions. These Court Assistant lawyers being part of judiciary must also observe same code of conduct and not to disclose themselves in private lawyers and public.
ii. Video link or special material to made secrete name and face of judge
Video link be used and judge in any case will not able to disclose himself. OR
In Court rooms Judges Seats /Chairs of judges be covered with special material ( special glass is available in market for this purpose) from only judge may see the parties and lawyers but parties and lawyers would not able to see the face of judge. Each and every Court will have only a number and no name of Court will be disclosed.
iii. Judge will not meet any one with his identity.
Judges be restrained to have meetings with lawyers or any public figures. No judge will write his name in judgment or any order.
iv. Rotation of judges
In each district; judges be rotate in tehsils of district with special transports weekly or fortnightly and judges be provided case files with report of Court assistant lawyers and judge will be bound to read it before come in Court and Judge will be bound his decision on date fixed.
v. Special residences of judges :
Judges be provided special homes and with all faculties in their home with their all needs.
Result of each case in each proceedings be supervised by a supervisor senior Judge who will be only duty of supervision. In each and every case fixed in court must be proceed with and if not proceed; responsible judge be properly be punished. If any judge disclosed himself in lawyers of public he be punished with a heavy punishment.
Conclusion and request
Law to be made by the Parliament in the light of above submissions.
Masood-ul-Hassan Javed says
Respected Justice Khosa,
Aslam-o-Alakum Wa Rahmatullah-e-Wabarakatohoo; I am PhD in Biology (Physiology & Biochemistry) and have about 40 years teaching experience of these subjects in various medical colleges/universities of the world (including Pakistan, Turkey, UK and Saudi Arabia). In Pakistan I also taught in Pharmacy department of BZ university (1978-1988) from where I got PhD scholarship and did my PhD. After 1988 I moved to Aga Khan University Medical College.
Now I retired as Professor of Physiology from a Medical College of Saudi Arabia on 6th July, 2017. Now I am in UK with my family. Being as a Pakistani, I applied for a Professor position in Physiology & Biochemistry in some PRIVATE MEDICAL COLLEGES of Pakistan and got preliminary offers with a salary of about Rs 450,000/ month. Later the Principals told me that NON-Medicals even with PhD are NOT allowed to teach in medical colleges/universities of Pakistan due to the “stupid” rulings of PM&DC!
I could not understand what type of this rule is as in ALL over the WORLD the university faculty cannot be appointed without PhD with or without medical degree, even in Saudi Arabia. In the Aston University, Birmingham UK, a new Medical School started whose VC is NON-Medical. He got PhD in Biology and was Professor of Gynecology in the Birmingham University!
As now the SC of Pakistan has dissolved the PM&DC and now this body is working under supervision of SC judges, I will appreciate if you will look this RULING (that non-medical can not teach) and will change this according to international thinking if you want to promote standards of medical education in Pakistan, like Aga Khan Uni where there were 19 out of 20 Faculty members in Basic Medical Sciences were PhD without medical degree (1983-1998 when I was also there in Biochemistry department). Does PM&DC not RECOGNISE AKU? Why there are double standards in medical universities of Pakistan? This is also against the “Human Right” as PM&DC cannot make these types of rules where they discriminate the highly suitable candidates, especially the foreign experts.
I am sure there are many PhD Professors outside Pakistan who want to serve their country but unfortunately due to this non-humanitarians law cannot come back and serve to Pakistani medical institutions.
I will appreciate if you look this matter as an urgent so that one can join and serve a Newly established private Medical Colleges in Pakistan.
Best regards and look forward to hear soon from you.
Prof Masood ul Hassan Javed
135 Alderson Road