All Indian National Congress
Followings are some important points to remember about All Indian National Congress which are often repeated in different exams in shape of MCQS.
- All Indian National Congress was founded by an Englishmen AO Hume.
- AO Hume was retired ICS Officer.
- AO Hume was the first General Secretary of Congress.
- WC Bannerjee was the first President of Congress.
- Lord Dufferin was the mind behind the creation of All Indian National Congress.
- Frist Meeting of Congress was held in Calcuta.
- Indian National Congress was initially known as All India Union.
- Badr-ud-Din Taiyabji was the first Muslim President of Congress.
- Badr-ud-Din Taiyabji was elected President of Congress in 1887.
- Allan Octavian Hume (AO Hume) was the author of book “My Work in India”.
- In 1888, President of Congress was George Yule.
- In 1889, President of Congress was Sir William Wedderburn.
- Syed Ameer Ali was the first Muslim Judge of Calcuta High Court.
- Syed Ameer Ali founded the Central National Mohammedan Association at Calcuta in 1877.
Leave a Reply